Thursday, December 1, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Journal #5


2009-2010
     "Hannah's Dad drove us to church camp today. It took a good six hours. Maybe more. We watched 2 movies on the way up; Yours, Mine, and Ours and The Day after Tomorrow. That and we listened to music and talked. Hannah's Dad took us to Quizznoss's for lunch although he kept pestering us to go to McDonalds!
     When we finally got there we had to wait in a long line for check in. Then we went to our cabin to unpack and hang out. When everyone in our cabin was here we went to Praise Time. Its where some of our counselors that can play instruments get together and make a band. They sing awesome Christian songs about God and Jesus. Everyone sings and dances along! Hannah would not dance though, only clap to the beat.
     From there we were separated into small groups after plating a bunch of games. We went to a big room. Like a gym. The games we played were: People to People, Ghost in the Graveyard, and two others who's names I don't remember. One was like a rock paper scissors type thing and the other is a Simon Says kind of thing. 
     Once in our small groups we went to little mini buildings, sat in a circle, and talked. We had to use our name to put with a word than put a movement with it. Mine was Terrific Taylor with jazz hands. We also told what grade we are going into and our hobbies. I was surprised to notice that Hannah and I are some of the youngest in our group. Most of the kids are going into eighth grade. None in sixth. Three or four in seventh. One was even supposed to be a freshman in high school, but signed up as middle school to be with friends."

So, that is the description of my first day going to camp. At that point in my life I did not have any sort of relationship with God, so camp was a very eyeopening experience for me. Also, I would like to note that this entry actually ends a paragraph later. I left out the last paragraph because it was literally like five sentences of me going on about some boy that I thought was cute in my small group. .. smh middle school Taylor smh....

xoxo, tay

No comments:

Post a Comment