Saturday, December 17, 2016

3 Easy Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts


For this DIY, I have pulled together some of my favorite types of presents: gift in a jar! I think these are super cute and easy to make! You can personalize them to whatever type of person you are gifting this too. For my DIY's, I made one for the person who likes to bake, for the person who loves beauty products, and for the person who loves doing there nails! Pinterest is a great tool for these kinds of gifts, and I encourage you guys to explore your options. Get creative!



For the baker:

Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar

You can do all kinds of things with this one! I chose to do chocolate chip cookies, and I loved the way the different layers of ingredients look. My own jar did not come out the prettiest (whoops!) because I had some trouble with making the ingredients fit in the jar. It still came out pretty cute though! The recipe I found called for a quart sized mason jar, but that was not big enough, so I just found a large mason jar and went with that. If you want, you can try adding half of each ingredient to this recipe so that the jar is filled up for. For mine, I decided to just add a card in the top, open section, to fill up some space. 

You will need...
  • 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
  • 1 large mason jar
Layer each ingredient into the jar, and then finish it off with decorations! I added a ribbon around the top, and a piece of decorative paper to the lid. I added a sheet with how to finish off the recipe on the inside.



For the beauty lover:

Sugar Scrub in a Jar


I have been wanting to try a DIY sugar scrub for ages, and this post finally gave me an excuse to try one! It was super easy to do, and took about five minutes of my time. If you know the person really well, you can tailor it to be there favorite scent and color. It is a present that will show that you care about the person, and am willing to go the extra mile for them. I would personally LOVE to receive a scrub like this as a present! It is one of those things that isn't really something you want to buy for yourself, even though it has a ton of benefits for your skin. Body scrubs like this do great at removing dead skin so that the oils can soak into your skin and moisturize it properly.

You will need...
  • a small jar
  • 1/4 cup of coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar
  • 2-4 drops of food coloring 
  • 10-15 drops of essential oil
Since I am making this as a Christmas present, I decided to go with a peppermint scented essential oil, so that it would go along with the holiday. As for the coloring, I used a pink color and only added a small amount so that the color would come out as a light, cotton-candy shade. For this I would say use one large drop of color, or two small drops. All you have to do, for this DIY, is mix all of the ingredients together into a bowl. If you use solid coconut oil, you need to melt it in the microwave first, so I would advise to just buy it in liquid form. I stirred together the coconut oil and sugar first, then stirred in the food coloring and essential oil last.



For the nail lover:

Manicure in a Jar

I have seen this idea float around Pinterest a ton, and decided that it would be something cute as a Christmas present as well! You could make a small one and use it as a stocking stuffer or make a larger one and add in every nail item you can think of! I went for a medium sized option because I had a hard time fitting my items into a small jar. This is one of those that you can change up if the person doesn't care for nails quite as much. You could get a larger jar and fill it with cooking items, or even fill up a jar with makeup! There are a ton of options here. I went ahead and made a manicure jar because I figured it was a good universal gift for girls.

You will need...
  • 2 Bottles of Nail Polish: a clear coat and a cute color
  • nail file
  • mini nail polish remover
  • manicure set (clippers, etc.)
  • cotton balls

xoxo, tay

No comments:

Post a Comment