Sunday, May 22, 2016

Outfit of Last Night: SFTR Banquet







Black Crop Top: DailyLook 
White Skirt: Marshall's
Necklace, Bracelet, and Belt: Chico's 
Boots: NRS

I wore this outfit to the South Florida Trail Riders banquet last night. It's a horseback riding group my family has been involved with since I was just starting middle school. I do not usually wear skirts a lot but I have a ton of them and I still think they are cute I just don't gravitate toward them for some reason. I have all these cute skirts that I never wear so I have resolved that I need to either start wearing them or get rid of them. You can tell by this post that I have decided to give skirts a try before I decide to just chuck them. 

I thought of this outfit because I have been trying to wear the necklace for awhile but I couldn't put together an outfit where I felt like it looked okay. I grew up in the rodeo world and the more involved my family got the more my mom and I realized that there was indeed a "style" that the women tended to sport. This always includes a few key components: boots and a statement necklace. If we were to attend an actual rodeo bootcut Miss Me jeans would also be included. I love how the black crop top I wore last night really makes the silver necklace pop. I paired the necklace with a pair of silver stud earrings, black and silver belt, and silver bracelet. Shout out to my mom for letting me borrow her bracelet and belt, hold on tight to those so I don't try to sneak them into my suitcase to come to school with me in fall! 

I have a weakness for white bottoms of any kind. Anyone who knows me knows that I live in my white shorts, and skirts are no exception to the obsession. I have had this skirt awhile and have always thought it was cute but like I said before I just don't seem to wear skirts very often so I never really wore it. I love the lace detail along the bottom half, it gives an otherwise plain white skirt a small touch that really works well. Of course, I had to pair it with my black crop top for my boots. 

Some of you are probably wondering about the boots. These are one of my favorite pair of cowboy boots! As you can tell, mine are a bit worn. I had originally bought these to wear in rodeos, as I did and still do, as well as out when I want. They are made of beautiful black leather and have silver and gold details. On the front and back are details of a cross with wings. I knew I had to buy these because they had beautiful designs without actually looking terribly busy. I wear these with all kinds of outfits, from being tucked under bootcut jeans at a rodeo to a skirt or dress like I did last night!



Another reason I put together this outfit was so that I could wear bold makeup, something I do not do very often so when I get the chance I jump at it! Before applying my makeup I put on my Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer all over my face and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Original Primer Potion on my eyelids. I like to put all of my primer on at the same time so that my face is completely ready to go. For my foundation I used my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation then concealed using the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous concealer. I do not care for this concealer and I do not usually use it, but I haven't had time to go out and buy another Naked Skin concealer, so I have been using the Covergirl one for now. I set all of my makeup with ELF high definition powder. I like this powder for going out at night, but I do not wear it on an everyday basis because it does have shimmer in it. Before setting my foundation with powder, I did spray my face with the L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray just for a little something extra to keep my makeup in place. 

Once my base was finished I filled in my eyebrows with the shade Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette then used a Mary Kay eyebrow gel on top. For this smokey look I used the Naked Palette again and used the shadows Gunmetal all over my lid, Creep in the crease, and Virgin to highlight my brow bone and the inner corners of my eye. I lined the top with Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner in intense black and lined the bottom with two different pencil liners. For the outer corner of my waterline I used the Urban Decay glide-on eye pencil in black then I used a Prestice Professional white eyeliner starting in the inner corner of my waterline and blending it into the black in almost an ombre effect. I finished off the eyes with my favorite Benefit Roller Lash mascara. 

My absolute number one makeup staple of all time is bronzer. Usually I am not huge on drugstore brand makeup because I just never seem to have the best luck with it. However, one of my favorite bronzers is the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in the shade Sunny. I am about to finish my third compact of this and I always recommend it to people looking for a more affordable bronzer. I used this to slightly contour around my face enough to give my skin a bit of a glow. Then I used my Milani Baked Blush, also a surprising drugstore favorite, in Rose D'Oro. To give a final highlight I used my Naked Illuminated highlighter from Urban Decay.

For my lips I used one of my favorite red lipsticks. Again, this one is from the drugstore. Out of all the makeup in drugstores I always do best with the lip products. This one is from the Covergirl nature luxe line that is no longer available. I was so sad because right when I discovered it I fell in love with this lipstick, went back for more, and it was all gone! This is technically a gloss balm, but it is completely opaque like a lipstick, so that is how I wear it, and the picture shows the shade 220 Peony.

xoxo, tay







No comments:

Post a Comment