Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Summer Spent Serving Others


For those of you who did not know, I will be spending the rest of my summer serving on the Warren Willis UM Camp's Leadership Team as a camp counselor! I feel so blessed to be given an opportunity to serve on this team, it is something that I have known that I wanted to do ever since my first summer attending this camp at the start of middle school. The camp changed my life, so this time its my turn to give back.

I am leaving for camp tomorrow and should be arriving there at some point in the evening. I am going a week early to complete a lifeguard certification course. I am beyond excited and nervous knowing that tomorrow I will meet some of the people I will spend the rest of my summer with.

While I am away at camp, unfortunately I will not be able to post as often as I have been. Throwback Thursdays have also been put on hold until the end of the summer. I will try to keep you guys updated at least once a week! While I won't be posting, I will be spending my time trying to help children grow closer in their relationship with God.

This camp has such a special place in my heart. I never thought I would be able to make it on team, but now here I am, writing to you all the night before I make my 5-6 hour journey north up to camp. I still don't think it will really sink in that I am on the Summer 2016 Leadership Team until I get there and start to get into the swing of things. I feel like I have tried to do so many things with my life, in the past, and failed so many times, even when I swore that I was meant to complete that task from what I felt in my prayers. I started to really get negative with myself and never knew when I was making a decision about if I should be doing something or not. Of course, in the application process I was worried that this would again be something that I failed at. Why did I keep trying if I was always disappointed in the end? I am so happy that I did not let my negative thoughts stop me, because I finally feel like I am heading in the right direction. Like I said before, I still don't even feel like this is really going to be happening!

Sometimes I let my nerves get the best of me, but this summer I have really been working on changing my mindset and so far it has proven to be one of the best decisions I have made.

Wish me luck at camp!

xoxo, tay

No comments:

Post a Comment