Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Wedding Weekend

Where art thou, Rapunzel?
The newest edition to our family: Stephanie!
My whole family had been waiting on this moment for literally ten years.
One of my favorite cousins, love you Emily!
Sometimes my brother and I can take nice pictures.

This last weekend was spent celebrating a relationship through the union of marriage. My cousin, Johnny, married his long time girlfriend, Stephanie. I would say welcome to the family, but she was already part of it. 

In a way, this wedding became a family reunion. I finally got to see some of the family members, that I grew up very close too, and had not seen in over 2 years. While I looked forward to seeing everyone in my family, I especially looked forward to seeing my cousin, Emily. The last time we had seen each other was the summer before our senior year of high school. We went to Pickwick for the Fourth of July and then to church camp together. We are very close, and sometimes it gets really hard being so far away. 

My family has always been pretty spread out. As a kid, I would sometimes become jealous of all my friends who's families lived in the same city as they did. They got to see their aunts, uncles, and cousins all the time. Maybe one day we won't lived so far away from each other, but I guess for now cellphones and Facebook will just have to do...
I just had to show off my favorite Lauren James dress.
My mom cut out my legs because she thought the fern was pretty... 
If you look closely, you can see the tan lines from my one piece swimsuit I wore all summer at camp.
The wedding was at Bok Tower Gardens, so I decided that my favorite black and white gingham Lauren James dress would be appropriate. I paired the dress with my black Coach pumps and my Brighten pearls. 

For the reception, I changed into a Black & White dress with faux snake skin Nine West heels. 

Yes, the hotel was decorated for Christmas even though Thanksgiving has not passed yet. 
xoxo, tay


No comments:

Post a Comment