Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Camp Week 5


Midsummer Retreat was this past weekend and the entire team stayed at camp to hang out and rest in order to push through the rest of the summer. Week 5 became a blessing and a curse for me due to being assigned work crew. Everyone on team gets work crew at some point during summer and of course I got lucky enough to get it on one of the biggest weeks of the summer! I was happy to have a break from interacting with campers. 

Work Crew is exactly what it sounds like: work. From cleaning to preparing food, we did everything behind the scenes to help keep camp running. The experience was both fun and exhaustingly rewarding in so many ways. I started my week off kind of rough because I got sick, but I bounced back as best I could and threw myself into the work with the rest of my team. I didn't really hit my wall until about Thursday during my lunchtime dish shift. I went from being totally functioning to feeling like i was going to die right there in the dish room...

I did take away some good things about work crew. This experience has helped me gain a new appreciation for each work crew. I am more aware of my actions now, especially at meal times, and I try to do what I can to help them out, even if its just making sure my table is as clean as possible after  each meal.

P.S. Sorry this is so late, the internet here is pretty shaky...

xoxo, tay

No comments:

Post a Comment