Monday, July 11, 2016

Camp Week 4

First day of week 4 was on the 4th of July so, of course, I had to show some American pride!

On EC, the program theme was superhero's!

My good friend Sammie and I had to take a goofy picture at a fake wedding on Saturday for midsummer retreat

Thanks for being the best fake wedding date a girl could ask for!

Our Saturday ended with pretty sparklers on the dock and our attempt at cute candid pictures!
After day camp, I was really nervous to be assigned elementary camp, but I knew I would have to face it eventually. I was assigned EC for week 4 and I am happy to say that I enjoyed it a lot more than I had anticipated. EC and Day Camp are two completely different things and even the kids seem to be different. Of course, every group has a few kids that will cause problems. The theme for the EC program is superhero's. It is well put together and the kids really seemed to enjoy it! All week the kids are trained to be superhero's by Shane Williams, an insurance agent who is actually The Bearded Wonder. The villain for the week is Grubseel and the kids absolutely HATE him by the end of it!

After the kids left on Saturday the start of Midsummer Retreat began with the intention of giving us all a chance to rest and be fresh again to finish the last half of the summer. It started with small group lunches and that evening was the "wedding" of Grubseel and Miller Girl. Yes, it is the fake villain used for camp. Miller Girl is a "ghost" that supposedly haunts Miller Dock where the ski boat is kept. Not sure where the idea came from, but the fake wedding was put on in our chapel and everyone brought a date (shoutout to my awesome date, Trace!). Basically it was an excuse to throw a party and bond as a team. The next day we had a huge lake day that included tubing, barbecue, and hanging out.

Overall, I have really been enjoying my summer here. It will be hard to leave at the end, but for now I am just going to focus on the kids and making sure that they have the best week at camp they can possibly have.

xoxo, tay 

No comments:

Post a Comment