Thursday, September 8, 2016

6 Staple Makeup Products that Every Girl Should Have

Just a few of my top favorite products I discuss in this post!
These are some makeup products that I view to be a staple in every girls makeup collection!  If you can, I recommend the high end products in most cases over the drugstore. In general, I tend to stay away from drugstore products as much as I can just because I tend to not like the quality as much, however there are some exceptions out there.

Bronzer: When I get asked what my favorite piece of makeup is I always say bronzer right away. If I am wearing makeup, I pretty much always have on at least a touch of bronzer as well. I love having a warm glow, especially when I start to lose my summer tan. Having a good bronzer is a staple for me. It helps to add warmth and definition to your face and can be lightly applied or used to contour for a more dramatic look.

My favorite bronzers...
Drugstore: NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny - $3.62
High-End: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed - $28.00


Foundation & BB Cream: For those of you who are blessed with beautiful skin, you can ignore this. But for those of us who tend to have problems, having a good foundation and BB Cream option is always ideal. When I go out I like to have a foundation that will cover most of the problem areas on my face. I don't usually like to get a full coverage one because they tend to feel heavy on my face and ends up being uncomfortable for me. I also don't have issues bad enough with my skin to wear I need it. However, for more of an every day wear or for when my skin is looking particularly nice, I go for a BB cream. They tend to be a lot better for your skin than a full on foundation and still give some coverage. When I get products for my face, I tend to seek out those that work best with oily skin, so keep that in mind when looking at the products listed bellow!

My favorite foundation...
Drugstore: Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse Foundation - $4.99
High-End: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup - $40.00

My favorite BB Creams...
Drugstore: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream - $8.99
High-End: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - $36.00



Concealer: Again, some people have great skin and won't need this, but most of us do. If you had to pick one thing to spend the most money on, it should be this. Whether your problem is acne spots or your under eyes, keep a nice concealer on deck at all times. I was never huge with under eye concealer, but I like to have something to dot on blemishes. One of the reasons that I am comfortable going for a lighter coverage foundation is because I know that anything that doesn't get covered by that will get hit by my concealer. I am very picky with my concealer so I usually recommend high end over drugstore concealer, but I do have a drugstore option for anyone on a budget. 

My favorite concealers...
Drugstore: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer & Treatment - $7.99
                  Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer - $7.99
High-End: Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer - $28.00 
                  Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer - $28.00


A Neutral Makeup Palette:
This kind of palette should be a staple in every girls makeup collection. Neutrals go with EVERYTHING. When in doubt, go neutral! Most of my makeup palette's are different kinds of neutrals. Find the best type of shades that you feel look best on your face and invest in a good palette. I have noticed that I tend to prefer warm neutrals on my face, especially since I love bronzer so much. If you have absolutely no idea what to get, I recommend starting out with something like the Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay. For this, I will not be providing a drugstore option only because I have not tried one that I feel like can even come close to the quality of high-end eyeshadow. The Naked Basics palette will give you colors that you can't go wrong with and will fit great in makeup bags for when you are traveling! The colors allow you to do a light, daytime look and then you can easily darken it up for a nighttime look. 

My favorite neutral makeup palettes...
Urban Decay Naked Basics - $29.00
Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1,2, and 3 - $54.00 each
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette - $49.00


Primer:
While other girls worry about their makeup running off of their face in the heat of South Florida, I know that mine (for the most part) stays in place all because of my primer. Almost every day, I make sure that before I put on any makeup I apply both a face and eye primer. This is also something that I tend to invest more money in and will not be providing a drugstore option for (mostly because I have never tried a drugstore primer before). When I first started using primer I wasn't sure if it was really working at all or not. Since I have always struggled with oily skin, especially when I was in high school, it makes it easy for my makeup to slide off by the end of the day. However, I started getting friends commenting on how my makeup was still on at the end of the day, or after we had been doing something out in the florida heat, sweating like crazy. Now that I know how well it works, I can tell people my secret to making my makeup last!

My favorite primers...
Smashbox Pore Minimizing Photo Finish Foundation Primer - $36.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - $20.00


Mascara:
When I first started wearing makeup, I absolutely hated mascara, but then I saw what it could do to my lashes and learned to love it. I can't image wearing any makeup and not having mascara on. I like to keep at least three staple mascaras in my collection at all times: a natural looking one for every day wear, a bold, fake-lash mascara for more dramatic looks or going out at night, and a decent waterproof one.
My favorite mascaras...
Drugstore: For a natural lash look... Maybelline Voluminous Butterfly Lengthening Mascara - $8.99
                  For a bold lash look... Maybelline Volum ' Express The Rocket Mascara - $6.99
                  For a waterproof look... Covergirl Exact Eyelights Waterproof Mascara - $7.29
High-End: For a more natural lash look... Benefit They're Real! Mascara - $24.00
                  For a bold lash look... Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - $24.00
                  For a waterproof look... Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara - $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment