Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Camp Week 1


I survived my first week as a camp counselor. It was both awesome and stressful in so many ways and the support from the rest of the leadership team here and my faith is the only thing that got me through it.  

For week one, I was assigned day camp. I got many mixed responses from my fellow counselors. Some loved it, some warned me to be ready for the craziness. I have come to the conclusion that day camp isn't my thing. I tried, I really did. I just don't think I have the gift of patience with small children. Don't get me wrong, the kids were definitely cute and there was some really awesome moments with them. However, in between all of the cuteness there was a lot of chaos. I wanted to like day camp so bad, but I just can't deny that I did not enjoy the experience as much as other team members did. 

Week one was a challenge but I was so happy to be there to serve and help kids learn about there faith at such a young age. I hope that I was able to touch their lives in any little or small way. 

xoxo, tay




No comments:

Post a Comment